These combined options are suitable for students who want to gain work experience in a the UK. The length of study is 4 weeks minimum on Business English course.
Internships can be from a minimum of 2 weeks to a maximum of 12 weeks.
See English course fees – plus £300 internship placement and supervision fee.
4 weeks' Business English (BE15) = 4×£220 = £880 plus £300 internship fee = £1180
4 weeks intensive (BE15+GE10) = 4 x £260 = £1040 plus £300 internship fee = £1340
Internship placements can be arranged in administration / hospitality / academic support / finance / marketing
An internship is ideal for:
- Students looking for real in-company experience to complement English studies
- Students and professionals wishing to develop specialised vocabulary
- Professionals wishing to develop more intercultural awareness in their own area of work
Additional Benefits Include:
Specific Skills and Attributes that will be developed:
|Developing personal maturity
|Improving time management
|Developing entrepreneurial skills
|Self presentation skills
||Critical evaluation/reflective skills
|Experience for CV
|Enabling a more informed career choice
||Information gathering and analysis
|Knowledge of the business environment
Evaluation during the internship
Students will submit an evaluation/reflection about the internship a. Host companies will also provide feedback at the end of the internship. Formal references are available from host companies on request.
- Be over 18 years old
- Have an EU passport
- Have English language proficiency of at least IELTS 5.5. level or above (upper intermediate/B2 standard)
- Be at university entry standard (i.e. to have completed A-Levels, high school or equivalent)
- Be motivated, able to use initiative and willing to learn in the workplace