Teach in China - Experience Chinese culture and attractions while earning a comfortable living, teaching English.
Be trained in the vital basics before leaving the UK. Take our specially-designed 1 week preparatory course to teach in schools in China.
Have you considered Teaching in China?
Retired Teachers and Graduates - take this opportunity to experience living and working in a very different environment!
Available contracts typically require:
- Teaching English to children aged from 2-7 years to high school age
- IELTS preparation for older students
- up to 40 working hours per week (eight hours per day, five days per week)
- Other subjects may include: English, maths, science, art, music, PE (e.g. football)
- Starting: September 2018
Recruiting schools are offering a variety of contracts including benefits such as:
- Academic year (entry level) teaching contracts beginning in autumn term - permanent, but one year minimum will be considered
- Salary of £1000 - £1685 per month (equivalent in RMB) - dependent on experience and qualification
- Reimbursed return flight costs after 1 contract period (usually a year) is completed successfully
- Free accommodation or a housing allowance
- Free meals on site (weekdays)
- 25 days of annual leave, plus 5 extra days between Christmas and New Year
- Employee appreciation rewards
- Discounted Continuing Professional Development (CPD) courses in Education (leading to Master’s degrees) or in English language teaching (leading to English language teaching certificates such as Cambridge TKT, Trinity CertTESOL)
- Sponsored legal Z work visa arrangements made
- Health insurance
- Airport pick-up upon arrival
- Free Mandarin Chinese and cultural orientation
- social & cultural events
- Proficiency-level English (IELTS 9.0 equivalent)
- UK and Ireland nationals only (visa requirements)
- Bachelor’s degree minimum, preferably in education or modern languages (other majors will be considered)
- Aged between 22 and 55 years old
- a valid police/security check (ACRO, DBS or similar)
Applicants may be able to secure a Professional and Career Development Loan. Click here Please contact International House if you want to apply for a Professional and Career Development Loan.
Train in Newcastle for jobs in Chengdu, Guangzhou and Hangzhou, Lianyungang...
International House Newcastle is offering a full one-week preparation package (£350.00) comprising:
- One week's intensive training in younger learner learning teaching methodology and classroom management (25 lessons*)
- Beginner Mandarin language and Chinese culture classes (13 lessons - 2 lessons per day Monday-Friday, plus 3 lessons of intensive language on the Saturday, concluding the course)
- The school will submit your CV and job application information to our Chinese colleagues together with your course completion report and any recommendations.
- *Lessons are 55 minutes each. (38 lessons in total)
Please note that completion of the course does not guarantee that you will be offered a teaching post. The employment outcome will depend on the strength of your overall application. Recruitment decisions are not made by International House Newcastle, and we cannot enter into any disputes regarding the recruitment process..
Teach in China Course Dates:
Contact email@example.com or call 0191 2329551. Apply online or download application and submit to the school with CV.
The sessions are presented by way of ‘loop input’, demonstrating ideas and activities that can be taken straight into a classroom and covering content that will provide you with sustainable teaching skills. At the end of the course you will receive a certificate of attendance, and a written report issued by International House Newcastle. Successful completion of the course will enable you to take up the offer of a teaching post in one of our 4 major cities.
Each day there are 2 sessions of 2 hours each as well as an hour of consolidation work in our PSP room (Personal Study Programme) in younger learner teaching skills, allowing for adpatation to the specific needs of the teaching post specifications.
There are also 2 hours per day of Chinese language and culture input, and the programme is concluded on the Saturday with a final intensive three hours of Mandarin language input.
The courses cover the following areas:
• Children’s and Teens' characteristics as language learners
• Developing learning strategies through language learning
• Developing cognitive strategies through language learning
• Developing communication strategies through language learning
• Planning and preparing lessons for young learners and teens
• Selecting and adapting additional resources
• Using practice activities to consolidate language learning
• Classroom management