Content and Language Integrated Learning
Participant Identification Code (PIC ): 942566461
All 2 week courses will include the TKT examination fee
2019 Course Dates
Starting on 8th July, 22nd July, 5th August and 19th August - Fees £350 per week
2019 TKT Exam Dates
19th July, 2nd August , 16th August, 30th August
Available for 1, 2 or 4* week courses (last 4 week course starts on 6th August.)
Outside of these dates you may wish to consider our Personal Methodology Course with input on CLIL.
The Cambridge TKT in CLIL is arranged for 2 or 4 week bookings started on the published dates above. 1 week programmes will include the TKT exam if booked course dates coincide with a published exam date. Please contact us for further details: firstname.lastname@example.org
This course is also available on demand (any Monday start date) for group bookings with a minimum of 8 trainees.
CLIL Methodology Course
This course is suitable for teaching professionals with a B1 or higher level of English.
It is designed for: -
- Teachers and classroom assistants who teach subjects through English (i.e. History, Geography etc.) to primary or secondary students. -
- Teachers who currently teach a subject other than English in their native language but who are interested in integrating English into their lessons.
- English as an Additional Language (EAL) teachers who work with non-native speaker teachers in mainstream classes.
- Teaching professionals interested in exploring the key principles of CLIL.
The course aims to train teachers in the methodology of CLIL (Content and Language Integrated Learning). It combines a focus on developing an understanding of the key principles and terminology of CLIL with an emphasis on exploring practical ideas to help better integrate the teaching of language and content in the classroom. The group input sessions follow a loop input structure so course participants can experience a wide sample of activities that they can take with them to their own teaching context.
The two and four week courses also include the opportunity to take the Cambridge Teaching Knowledge Test (TKT) CLIL module.
The course dates and exam dates are fixed.
Course topics include:
- Aims and Rationale of CLIL
- Language Demands of Subject, Content and Task
- Classroom Language
- Communication Skills across the Curriculum
- Resources and Visuals
- Scaffolding Content and Language Learning Activities
- Types of Assessment and Assessment Support Strategies
- Learning Strategies
- Improved command of your English for classroom management
- Increased awareness of the current trends in CLIL
- A greater repertoire of activities to integrate English into your teaching context
- Increased cultural awareness
- An opportunity to take the Cambridge TKT Module in CLIL.