Download flyers translated to:
About the Course:
This course is a fun and intensive English language course designed specifically for young learners (13-17 year old). It combines fun learning activities for kids and teens, with engaging English language classes. The students will receive 15 lessons of English Language classes and 10 lessons of educational fun activities per week. All classes are taken by professional and highly skilled teachers who are specialists in teaching Young Learners.
The varied and exciting social programme of events includes activities like; laser tag, paintballing and cinema trips, for three evenings per week. The full day excursions each Saturday offer the students the chance to explore more of the North East of England and Scotland. The day trips on offer are to favourite locations such as Edinburgh, York, the Lake District and the castle of Northumbria.
SUMMER: 21 June 2020 - 9 August 2020
Course fees are £620 per week* which include:
- Class based lessons plus afternoon educational activities and excursions
- Full-board residential accommodation at Northumbria University
- Saturday excursions e.g. York, Edinburgh, Alnwick Castle (One of the UK’s Harry Potter filming locations), The Lake District (with Hadrian’s Wall).
- All students who are under 18 years must make arrangements for transfers from the airport to their homestay. International House can arrange this for a charge of £40 each way.
- Fees for large groups (10 or more students) may be eligible for a discount. Closed groups of students (minimum of 10 students with a group leader) can come at any time of year.
- Are tailor made by our teachers using authentic materials
- Teach skills and systems that students can use outside the classroom
- Explicitly link to the trips and social programme
- Follow a situational task-based methodology
- Are organised to suit students’ levels
- Provide students with clear record of their progress
Accommodation and welfare:
- Staff specially trained in YL safeguarding, as well as health and safety
- A high ratio (1:15) of supervisors to students, accompanying students on trips at all times
- A first day talk and discussion on expectations and personal safety in the UK
- Pairing of junior students of different nationalities where possible.
- Students must attend all events on the timetable and meet an evening curfew.
- A 24-hour emergency phone contact