WINTER: 5th January 2020 - 9th February 2020
SUMMER: 23rd June 2019 - 11th August 2019
Course fees are £620 per week* which include:
Class based lessons plus afternoon educational activities and excursions
Full-board homestay (with café lunches)
Local travel passes (please note that students will not be accompanied when travelling to and from school and activities – they are brought to school on their first day by their host families and then will travel with another junior student)
Saturday excursions e.g. York, Edinburgh, Alnwick Castle (where Harry Potter was filmed), The Lake District (with Hadrian’s Wall).
See the Social Programme Timetable for 2019 - click here
*There will be an extra fee of £30 per week for students aged under 14 for extra evening safeguarding services.
All students who are under 18 years must make arrangements for transfers from the airport to their homestay. International House can arrange this for a charge of £40 each way.
Fees for large groups (10 or more students) may be eligible for a discount. Closed groups of students (minimum of 10 students with a group leader) can come at any time of year.
- Are tailor made by our teachers using authentic materials
- Teach skills and systems that students can use outside the classroom
- Explicitly link to the trips and social programme
- Follow a situational task-based methodology
- Are organised to suit students’ levels
- Provide students with clear record of their progress
Accommodation and welfare
- Staff specially trained in YL safeguarding, as well as health and safety
- A high ratio (1:15) of supervisors to students, accompanying students on trips at all times
- A first day talk and discussion on expectations and personal safety in the UK
- An agreement between parents and International House Newcastle staff to work together for junior welfare
- Selected host families, chosen and monitored through periodic visits and given specific guidelines for junior students. (A copy of these guidelines can be sent on request.)
- Pairing of junior students of different nationalities where possible, in host families
- Students must attend all events on the timetable and meet an evening curfew.
- A 24-hour emergency phone contact for juniors and host families
***The Junior Programme is available without homestay if the young learner has private accommodation arrangements with parental supervision, or that of a guardian. Please read more about this here. The fee for the Junior Programme excluding homestay is £460 per week.
Download an application form