...members of the International House World Organisation
...an EL Gazette Centre of Excellence 2019
...full members of EAQUALS
...accredited by the British Council
...rated as 'excellent' by the Independent Schools Inspectorate
- English courses for General, Business and Academic purposes (minimum age 16 years)
- Cambridge exams and preparation courses (minimum age 16 years)
- IELTS and Trinity preparation (minimum age 16 years)
- University pathway (minimum age 16 years)
- Internships (minimum age 18 years)
- Executive packages (minimum age 16 years)
- Younger Learner packages (13-17 years)
- One-to-One lessons
- Teacher training (CELTA, DELTA) (minimum age 18 years, normally 20 or over)
- Teaching Methodology (PMC, CLIL (including TKT), TYLT) (minimum age 18 years)
- The highest English language teaching and teacher training standards
- An exciting and stimulating social programme of activities and excursions
- Student apartments with 54 private en-suite bedrooms in Newcastle1 plus over 200 homestay bedrooms
- A well-equipped school with 16 classrooms and a large Personal Study Programme (PSP) language learning suite (see below), as well as a students' room/café and free wi-fi throughout the building
High Teaching Standards
All of our teachers are experienced and either CELTA or DELTA qualified. We also have one of the most advanced teacher development programmes in the UK. We teach using the communicative approach, based on extensive language research, enabling us to meet students' requirements and help them enjoy their learning experience.
Personal Study Programme
In our Personal Study Programme (PSP) suite, students can concentrate on their:
- Individual programmes for work
- Hobbies and interests
- Extra listening or speaking practice!
• To be a pioneer in teacher training and teacher development
• To be a leader in language education and quality standards
• To build the business through diversification, consultancy and partnerships
• To develop new sources of income for the future and bring our expertise to bear on other areas of language education and training where it could make a contribution.
• To perpetually create new and innovative learning experiences for our customers.
• To develop our people: the success of IH Newcastle depends on its people, and IH Newcastle is committed to supporting its educational and administrative staff in terms of personal and professional development.
• Provide the best possible quality of service in language education, accommodation, student welfare and social programme services
• Be professional, welcoming, attentive and responsive in all dealings with colleagues and clients
• Maintain high standards of professional and business practice
• Show value and respect for all school partners such as; agents, parents and homestay hosts, as well as fellow team members.
• Exemplify values of personal responsibility, individual liberty and tolerance
• Provide a secure and safe environment for work, study and relaxation
• Develop the team through ambitious opportunities for training and development
• Provide excellent value for money while maintaining the commercial viability of the school
• Enhance the reputation of International House, Eaquals, English UK, ISI, and English language provision in the UK
Links for further information:
International House Newcastle: the school
International House World Organisation